Float Like a Butterfly.....

Yesterday I had my first personal training session EVER. I loooooved it. Seriously. I don't know how I've gone this long without seeing a trainer. I love having a professional help me out. Plus, just when I felt like dying I would think to myself "I can't let this guy think I'm weak" and then keep going. 

Ohhh boy am I sore today. I spent about 30-45 minutes doing nothing but boxing. Let me tell you all that boxing is one of the hardest workouts I've ever done (if not the hardest). This was after doing warmups and ab work and all sorts of other junk. Whew, I knew I was out of shape but that proved it. 

If you belong to a gym, I seriously suggest that you look into seeing one of the trainers that work there. Boxing was such a nice change from just doing time on the elliptical and it was great to have someone who was actually trained and certified telling me what exercises would be best for my body. 

The best part? I had adorable PINK boxing gloves like these:

Via
I've gotta say - I've got a mean right hook. You wouldn't wanna meet me in a dark alley ;)

4 comments:

  1. Mandy this is so cool!!! I've always wanted to have a personal training session. Maybe the rec offers trainers? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I totally get what you mean, although my friend who is a personal trainer helped me out one time, and I just totally failed. I mean I was so weeak!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. boxing sounds like such a good day to get rid of extra stress and energy! someone needs to teach me how to do it though or else I will look like an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried boxing before, but after reading this I am ready to sign up! haha. Seriously though - what an empowering post - I'm so glad you enjoyed your session! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!