TV Station Showdown

Since moving back in with mi madre in September, I have had to change so much about my formerly college lifestyle. This is so much worse than living with a roommate. She doesn't understand my weird schedule, the amount of work I have to do, or why I have lost all desire for real food and can survive on late night pizza and diet coke alone. Worse than anything, though, is our constant battle over the remote.

So there I am, enjoying the Bengals game on a relaxing Sunday with my pup. I was decked out in my jersey and everything.

She's not too good at taking photobooth pics just yet.

When my mom walks in and proclaims "do we really have to watch football all day?"
WHAT.

It's moments like this when I cannot believe that we are related. No, I wouldn't mind changing the channel after the Cincinnati game but come on! It's the one day a week where I get to yell at the TV without looking like a fool. This, of course, leads into an argument.

Then, yesterday evening I was trying to catch up on some Real Housewives when my mom gets home and says "Lets see if something else is on. I hate all of this drama". MY LORD can a girl not catch a break?! I change from manly football to super girly RHOBH and apparently she isn't a fan of either extreme.

I have to say, though the AMAs last night were THE ABSOLUTE WORST. She decided to watch them and apparently has become an overnight music critic. I swear to you all that when she hears Nicki Minaj on the radio she has said something along the lines of "what the hell is up with her voice" several times. Yet, when she appears on the video awards yells "I love Nicki Minaj!" Really? You do?

Via
This is also the woman who claims she loves Kid Rock (maybe Kid Rock circa 'Picture' but American Badass Kid Rock? not quite her style). Lastly LMFAO was shown to which she responded "Who are they?! Never heard of 'em". YES YOU HAVE. Everyone with a radio and a pop station in town has heard of LMFAO. You've heard their songs, seen them on commercials, everything. Come on woman. Don't make me Youtube this stuff for you.

Ladies (and a gent or two) if you ever consider moving back in with your parents, just remember that it is a daily struggle for the remote. And take it from me. It's their remote, their house, and so unfortunately, they always win.

1 comment:

  1. My parents never understood my weird sleep schedule! I would get yelled at for being up at 3AM, but they just never seemed to grasp how much homework I had to do...blah.

    And I bet your mom and I would have more similar TV interests! Hahah

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!