Touchdown in the land of the Delta Blues

As many of you know, I spent my New Years Eve in Memphis, TN to watch my team in the Liberty Bowl. I'm happy to report that we are Bowl game champions (we FINALLY won a bowl game I attended) and spent a great NYE on Beale Street. 

For those of you who haven't been, I would definitely recommend it. It's like a miniature Bourbon street, so if you're close to Tennessee check it out for a quick weekend trip!




Best friends on Beale street.

Got lost walking home from Beale and was assisted by this very nice homeless man.







Before the Cincinnati vs Vanderbilt game!




Celebrating with the fans after the victory!

Trophy presentation





Disappointed that we missed the famous Guitar Drop but we we could see the fireworks they set off from down the street!

Even though I'm about 10 days late I hope you all had a fabulous, fabulous New Years Eve!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Beale street! I usually go there every time I visit my fiancee Kensei! I've yet to go on a major holiday although I've heard that they have a pretty good mardi gras type event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip- congrats on your team's win and sounds like you had a good new years eve too! I've always been a little fascinated with memphis thanks to the song, haha- maybe I'll get there someday!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!