Mandy and Friends Take NOLA - Part 2

Alrighty so picking up where we left off........

We arrived in New Orleans after a super long drive (which I mostly drove. Not bitter at all.....)

Finally, we pulled into the parking lot of this beautiful hotel.



Let me tell you, I cried. I literally cried.

I was so upset/nervous/embarrassed that we I  had booked such a place. 


That was the view we had from our only window. There were most certainly drug deals going on down there throughout the day. Who doesn't want to wake up in the morning, look out the window, and see a poster for AIDS testing?

The room was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. We had one working lamp (in the bedroom), a disgusting green L shaped couch, gross green carpet that seemed to be moist all the time, dirt was everywhere, and we had to do everything by TV-light in the living room.


Luxury, pure luxury.


Our clock never moved from 3:55. Our saying from the trip is "Well, it's 3:55 somewhere! We might as well drink"


The brightest we ever got to see our room thanks to the camera flash.


Lovely sink area. At least they gave us toilet paper?


Anyone care to put anything in the mini-fridge?


Yes, these are car air-fresheners. Yes, there were several of these hanging from the ceiling. 

During our stay, we were approached constantly by a man who looked like lil Wayne. He would say romantic things like "where yo man at?". When we would refuse to accompany him to his room, he asked my (very skinny) friend "oh is you pregnant?". When she told him no he said "oh you just faithful to yo man then?". Because apparently being pregnant is the only reason she wouldn't want to go to his room. Makes sense.

Claims that they had a shuttle service were completely false. On New Years Eve there was not a cab in the city to be found. The service that they called for us the night before claimed that he had a flat tire and could not pick us up. I was sooo frustrated at this point and went to the front desk where I proceeded to yell and tell the man that I did not drive 13+ hours to be in New Orleans on NYE to watch Ryan Seacrest and the ball drop on TV at midnight. A few minutes later a man in a large SUV rolls up and drove us to our destination - not before taking out his subwoofers from the back to fit us all.

Of course, after we were dropped off we figured out that this man wasn't a legit taxi service at all. He was simply a friend of the man at the front desk and owed him a favor. Awesome.

In the end, we made it to Bourbon Street far before midnight, we had a great time at the game, and we can laugh at our experiences in NOLA now. 

But word of advice - NEVER EVER stay at the Midtown Hotel in New Orleans and never let me pick a hotel for you :)




2 comments:

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!