Dear World, Meet Khloe!

We have decided on a name! Our new puppy's name is Khloe. We were set on Reese (after my girl Reese Witherspoon) but it just didn't sound right when I was calling for her. She is SUCH a little diva princess and I feel like Khloe is the perfect name for her! Ps. yes, I'm spelling it like Khloe Kardashian's name for that reason. I wanted something more Southern (like Dixie or Belle) but the names just didn't fit her. I've decided that Belle can be her middle name though, because I have no shame in giving my dog a middle name :)


She slept in her crate last night in my room. Oh my goodness what an experience! I never realized how much work puppies would be. She woke me up three times throughout the night crying. I was so tired this morning! I took her for her vet visit and she checked out fine. We were worried about a lump on her right shoulder but the vet said it should just be a reaction to her first shots so that's good news! 

I feel like she is my little child. I need to wake up when she wakes up, watch her carefully, feed her, play with her, etc. I've had a dog before but I was younger so I only had to play with her! My parents did all of the work. This time she's mine and my responsibility. 

Any of you have puppies/dogs/pets in general? Any advice for a new puppy-mother? :)

8 comments:

  1. Oooh I love her! She looks like a stuffed animal! So cute!

    Just spoil her rotten so that she thinks she's human and interrupts your conversations with a bark anytime that you try to talk to someone other than her. I've created a monster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooo she is SO CUTE!!. I have a puppy named Sophie Grace who you have probably seen on my blog. Well, she is actually a year old now. Advice? As hard as it is, let her cry through the night (she really will stop after one night), be consistent with training, and cuddle with her a ton so gets used to people playing with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh! Khloe Belle is adorable, and her name seems perfect for her! How cute! My family has a little teddy bear which is maltese, bischon, yorkie, shitsu and poodle- she's truely a mutt ;) - 10lbs and all white- her name is Sailor Bleu (my mom was into middle names for dogs to!) cause she lives on a lake - ha ha, but we love her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my baby! Hey name is Penelope but we call her Penni (like penny) she did the same thing when I first got her, I literally had to sleep in the living room so that she'd relax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so obsessed with Khloe Belle!!! I cannot wait to meet her!

    And oh my gosh...I hated the first few months with Ellie. I remember actually crying some nights I was so tired and all she wanted to do was cry and go outside. My mom always says getting a puppy is the best form of birth control.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooo cute! Khloe is an awesome name! I named my dog Cash after Johnny Cash so I have no shame in naming my dog after a person either :) My advice is to start training as soon as you can! The earlier the better! Have so much fun with Khloe Belle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is precious!!
    Here is my advice: Take her out to go potty AS SOON as she wakes up from sleeping. She'll need to go 9 times out of 10 until she's older.
    Treat her just as you would a bigger dog so she doesn't develop little dog syndrome (Google it if you're not familiar)
    And I'd suggest crate training her. It really helps out when you need to leave for any reason She'll learn to love her crate just like her own bedroom!
    Good luck! Love the name, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cutest puppy! awe i miss mine! so so so adorable

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!