Locked Out.

Unless you're living under a rock, or Alaska, you know that it has been SO FLIPPING HOT out recently.

Yesterday, I took the pup out for her first walk around the neighborhood. All was going well until she decided to stop walking. She's not a fan of the great out doors when it's super hot - like mother like daughter. Anywho, I picked her up and carried her back to my house. When I set her down I noticed that I had lost my keys.

Yes. Just my luck. I took out our spare house key so there were only two keys on a little ring. Almost impossible to find in the grass. To top it all off, they could have been anywhere. I quickly scooped her back up and walked briskly back and forth our previous route looking for the keys. After about an hour of looking to no avail, I decided to do what all grown, responsible, mature women do in a crisis.

I called my mom.

Needless to say my mom was not too happy seeing as how she was at work half an hour away. Being the fabulous mom she is she left and came home to let us in. In the mean time I had poor baby Khloe drinking from a water hose because I was so afraid she would get dehydrated. 

A whopping two hours later I was finally back inside of my house. The A/C has honestly never felt any better than it did at that moment. I was completely soaked in sweat and so dehydrated. I'm surprised I didn't see a mirage or something.

Momma made me go out and look for the keys and as I was re-inacting where I put Khloe down, I saw them. Right there in front of me in a crack. Why I didn't see them before, I have no idea. I always seem to look for things, complain about not finding them, and only find them when someone is around. Makes me look reallll smart.

Moral of the story - hide a spare key outside under a door mat. Or put it in your pocket. Or don't lose it in the first place.....

6 comments:

  1. Poor Khloe!!!! I hope she isn't scarred for life! ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH what a rough day! Hope Khloe is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heat has been unbearable lately! Glad you found your keys eventually!

    Come by and my Hello Mellow giveaway if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot to mention Washington… we have temps in the 60s; no joke. There has been a few times where we reached a mere 70 something. It was out of control ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg. so crazy. Would love if you'd check out my latest post featuring pictures from my favorite little treat shop in Beverly Hills. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww oh no! I totally would've called my mom too! I had a really awful lock out story at school this past year, my roommate and I were outside of our townhouse for hours!
    Bisous,
    Rachel
    http://lovealamode.wordpress.com

    PS I'm hosting my first blog giveaway this week for a gift card for an online shopping spree from Zestii, and I would love if you stopped by to enter! All you have to do is leave a comment here!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!