Help a Sista Out

Hello bloggie friends! I have a question to ask all of you! I need some advice.

If you read my post from a few days ago, you know that my cousin has a wedding coming up in August. I have a few potential dates in mind (all good friends) but I need to know what is a good time to ask one of them. How much time should I give them? A month in advance? 2 or 3 weeks?

I don't want to ask too far ahead but I don't want to throw it on them last minute. 
I would love any input :)

I would also love to hear your horrific/funny/classic wedding date stories. I feel like everyone always has one or two!

Ps. I'm not against hiring an escort a la The Wedding Date. As long as he looks like Dermot Mulroney...

6 comments:

  1. I'd say 2-3 weeks should be good but don't take my word on it solely. I could be wrong.

    Honestly, besides my own wedding last year, I haven't gone to a wedding in years--and I didn't have a date at that one so no stories from me! lol

    This reminds me, I haven't harrased my friends about getting married lately! I need to get back on it! I so want one of my bffs to get married soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work in retail and my work schedules are made 3 weeks in advance so I would tell the date 2-3 weeks in advance! I have never taken a date to a wedding but my sis was asked to a wedding with only a week to prepare and it was out of town for her so she had to pull strings to be able to go which put a bit of stress on her.
    So, I say the earlier the better! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think two to three weeks in advance would be plenty of time.

    P.S. I LOVE that movie! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would ask 2 or 3 weeks in advance because that's when my boss makes our schedules, I wish I had a funny story but honestly I've only been to small justice of the peace weddings and family ones so I've never had to bring a date, although if you figure out a way to hire one let me know! lol worth looking into!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hrmmm if you taking a really good friend than I would say 2-3 weeks. I think this is enough time and with friends it's always less awkward than asking someone you like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 weeks seems ideal, i think it depends on his lifestyle. If he has a really steady job and always knows what he is doing a week in advance, then I think 1-2 weeks is fine.

    http://annicabenning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!