So, my friend and I decided today (like 15 minutes ago) that we wanted to run a marathon. Yes, a marathon. What are we thinking?! I cannot run to save my life. I dread it! I would much rather be on an elliptical machine or bike. However, I feel that it's very beneficial to run. It's more natural or something because you're using your own muscles and not machines. So tomorrow we start training for the Thanksgiving Day 10k that they have every year in Cincinnati. Our only setback: how in the world do you start training for a marathon? Guess we'll have to Google that........
oh girl! i just signed up for one in august! :/ errrg. ive never ran on in my life, but i'm MOTIVATED! i actually just posted a post this past week on how scared i am for change, but so excited! i love that i came across this post! you can do it girl! :] can't wait to catch up on the rest of your posts!
ReplyDelete-karly
www.karpluswade.blogspot.com
Ahh! This is so on my bucket list too! My goal is to run a half marathon this summer and then in the next couple years run a marathon! The tricky part is I don't know where I'll be this summer - internship, classes, home, so it's making it tricky to sign up for a run, but hopefully I'll get it all figured out in the next couple weeks. You go girl -you can do it- especially with the encouragement of your friend!! And I'll cheer you on from the blog world! ;)
ReplyDelete