Major Venting Session - I Apologize In Advance

Whew. It is taking everything I have left in me to type this post right now.

Okay a little dramatic, but seriously I feel like I cannot move my arms. Come this time tomorrow, I probably WONT be able to. My friend is an exercise science major and had to do a certain number of personal training hours this quarter so I volunteered to be trained. Today was day number one of our workout, and she killed me. I just got back from the gym like an hour and a half ago (maybe a little more) and it was the best workout I've probably ever gotten. I am so grateful that she's doing this because I'm the type of person who needs a trainer in the gym. This is probably because I never know if I'm doing exercises right, I second guess myself, lose motivation, etc. It is fabulous having her right there working me through everything. So anywho, we worked ab muscles I never even knew I had. She took exercises from the track team she works with during her internship and from P90x so I'm expecting to be ripped by the end of this :) Most of these exercises were new to me, like the "crunchy frog" and "leg stair steps". What do you guys usually do in the gym to workout?! I'm always looking for ideas to do on my own on the days I'm not getting trained!

Also, I've been so overwhelmed with school recently. I feel so behind! I go to all of my classes but I feel like I've just got so much on my mind that it all escapes me. I think I need a planner. Technically, I have one, but I never write anything in it. Typical.

Okay another story. This one is longggg. After this past weekend I've kind of become fed up with trying to please people. Friday night my roommate and I had some of our friends over to our house to hang out because we had nothing else to do. We don't call things like this a "party" because it wasn't necessarily big, it was just all of our close friends. It came down to me, my roomie Christine, our friend Jenna (check out her awesome blog here ) my other 2 roommates and a bunch (and by bunch I mean probably like 20) of our guy friends. That doesn't bother any of us, especially not Christine or I. (If you need proof of that, see my post about being in the friend zone. They're our best friends and we're just one of the guys.)

Okay anyway so later in the night some guys from a frat that we know came over and hung out for a second or two and then left. Not the end of the world and I wasn't too worried about it actually. I was having fun. Then my friend says that later one of the guys saw her and made a comment about having an awkward ratio party or something. Idk exactly what the comment was but it made us look weird. I really wish I would have been there when he said it because that made me sooo mad.

Technically, he didn't even have to come. I don't even think anyone invited him. He just tagged along. On top of that, it wasn't a party! We were simply "having people over". If it was a party we would have had way more people and probably a facebook invite. This was a last minute thing. Lastly, we do have girlfriends but they were at nursing clinicals for 12 hours that day so didn't really feel like going out and our other best friends go to schools that are 3 hours away. Sorry we didn't invite the world and that wasn't good enough for you, kiddo.

After hearing about what he said I realized that I worry too much about what other people think. It bothered me for a minute, and then I realized that I was having fun with MY friends and what he thought didn't matter. So what if I have 10 close girlfriends and 20-25 guys? Not for him to worry about. So from now on I'm going to stop worrying about what everyone thinks. As long as the people I care most about are happy, that's all that matters. Sorry rando frat boy.

Okay sorry for venting. That's all the complaining I'll do for this post - promise! Hope everyone had a good day and that I'm still able to function tomorrow after day 2 of my workout! I'll keep you all updated on how this is going.

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Uh, 90% of fraternity guys are dbags anyway. He was being over dramatic, and for guys that SAY they don't do drama, they lie. Guys are just as over dramatic as girls are half of the time. But seriously, don't care what other people have to say because as long as you're happy and content with what you do, and who you do it with, (hope your mind isnt in the gutter, hahahaha) then that's what matters!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!