Hello ladies! I've just returned from a wonderful two days in Indianapolis, Indiana for our Spring Sisterhood event. Last night we had our Senior Sendoff which is where we read our moms (our version of bigs) letters that we write them and give them small gifts. My Theta momma Tina and I went to high school together. She is the main reason that I joined Theta and has played such a major role in my KAO experience. I'm so sad to see her graduate but I know that she'll be moving on to bigger and better things.
For her gift I got her a picture frame with this picture of us from Bid Day my freshman year.....
and a bead for her Pandora bracelet! It's called the "Circle of Friends" charm and I thought it was so appropriate for the occasion.
This what the charm looks like. It's a little hard to tell exactly what it is but it's four people holding hands and there's little hearts on their backs. Kind of weird positioning for hearts but whatevs...
This morning we woke up and went to the Kappa Alpha Theta National Headquarters and it was such an amazing experience. We got tours from workers and saw our original composite, artifacts, scrapbooks, and offices. Also, there's a whole room in the basement dedicated to cards we sign before we are initiated. I'm not ashamed to say I went on a hunt to find Laura Bush's card and after about 20 minutes FINALLY found it!
![]() |
| hahaha obviously so excited |
Blurred out for secrecy reasons ;)
I wish I would have had the time to find other famous Theta's cards like Tory Burch, the Bush twins, Sheryl Crow, Whitney from the Hills, or Rue McClanahan (aka Blanche on the Golden Girls). Unfortunately I think our bus would have left without me if I tried to stay and search.
Here are some other pictures from the visit:
Happy Saturday!






One of my best friends is a Theta! Looks like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteTory Burch was a Theta?? Awesome!!! And so glad to documented Laura Bush's card :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun weekend- how cool to see Laura Bush's initiation card! :)
ReplyDelete