Sweet Southern Comfort


So I promised a Southern-y post to get back to my bloggy roots so here ya'll go :)

Just last Saturday I was starting the night off with a nice Southern Comfort/ Diet Dr. Pepper mix (I know, sounds gross  but it's goooood. Promise) while we had some country music playing in the background. My roomie's boyfriend looked at me and said "Mandy, why don't you just move to the South already?" and I told him oh don't you worry I'm on my way. I've got two years left of school and then I'm outta here.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love the Southern way of life. I could go on and on about why I want to live there and why I want my children to be raised there. The weather, the food, the Southern hospitality, the accents....I love it all. When I went down to Florida for Spring Break we stopped at this adorable diner on the way. There were three workers and they had THE BEST comfort food ever. We loved it so much we stopped again on the way back and they surprisingly remembered us. The workers were so sweet and treated us wonderfully. Southerners are just genuinely nice people. Oh, and there's nothing better than a Southern boy with good manners ;)

I adore small towns. I want to be a part of a community where I know everyone.  I want to know that my kids will be okay playing out in the yard. I want them to actually go outside and play! Kids these days are so stuck in front of the TV and video games that they don't get outside and run around. I want a front porch and a piece of land. I want a simple life where I'm focused on what really matters most. Right now I’m constantly going and going and going and I just want to stop and slow down for a bit.

I love sundresses, dressing preppy, and consider football my second religion. Country music is the theme music to my life. Nothing is better than a cold beer and boating. I admire the strength of the South as seen after Hurricane Katrina and the tornadoes in Tuscaloosa. I love the history found in Southern cities. I love the pride that Southerners have for the US.

And that is why I adore the South. I love Cincinnati because of my friends and family. It will always be home because there are a lot of people here who mean an awful lot to me. I’ve spent my entire life here but I’m so ready to live below the Mason Dixon line. I know I’ll never be a native Southerner but I can marry one ;)  



3 comments:

  1. Aw, presh. I'm a proud Southerner, obviously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The south is where it's at...we'll welcome you with a hug and sweet tea when you get here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS POST! I've never really thought about what I am- a midwesterner? That sounds super boring. bahahaha. But you expressed your feelings so beautifully- very fun to read. And now I wanna be southern too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!