So last night I treated myself to a Kardashian style night in! I watched the entire 1st season of Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami followed by a few episodes of Keeping up with the Kardashians on Netflix. (Ps. anyone else have Netflix?! I'm obsessed. If you don't have it - get it. You won't regret it!) While I was doing this I gave myself a mani / pedi, enjoyed a glass of wine, bubble bath, the whole deal. It was so relaxing!
Lately I've been breaking out so much and I have no idea why! I decided to google ideas for at home facial scrubs since I didn't have any masks that I could use. I found this Aspirin mask recipe (Recipe? I guess?) and decided to try it out.
IT WAS FABULOUS.
If any of you are looking for a cheap mask that will smooth your skin and reduce redness try this!
You need about 3 tablets of Aspirin (plain white, anything coated would not work), a few drops of water, and moisturizer (or honey).
First you crush the Aspirin so that it's pretty close to a powder. Then put it in a mug or cup or bowl, whatever. Then add a few drops of water and stir it up to make it kind of pasty. Lastly, you add some moisturizer (I used my Clinique moisturizer) to the mix and stir it up. The directions I found online said you could do honey as well? It apparently doesn't bother your skin. So, if you're moisturizer-less, go ahead and try it out!
Apply it to the blemishes, pimples, red areas, or heck, even your whole face! (I did!) Let it dry for about ten minutes, and wipe it off. Right after I removed mine, my skin was slightly red. However, this morning it was SO SMOOTH. The redness was down and a few of my blemishes were also reduced! It was like magic. I read that it doesn't work for everyone but I feel like they have to add that as a disclaimer. Go ahead and try it out!
Don't believe me? I woke up this morning looking like this!

hahah I love the Kardashians! I will have to try that mask!
ReplyDelete