It's a Friday night and I have absolutely nothing to do. Technically, I have two take-home exams to do by Monday that I could be working on, but I'm talking important stuff here. I have no parties to attend, no group of people to go out with, nothing. And I'm dying.
All of my friends are busy tonight (most with work, one's out of town, one's with her bf, etc.) leaving me with no one to go out with unless I'm the only girl in a group of 10 guys. Not happening. But that really isn't the issue at hand here.
The issue that I have is something I like to call "fear of missing out". I'm always afraid that someone, somewhere is having fun and I'm not. I know that this isn't the case ever because if my friends go out I always do as well. I just hate sitting home, especially by myself. Although, I have to admit - Say Yes to the Dress marathons on TLC on Friday nights are quite nice sometimes. I just always fear that there is so much I'm missing out on and so many memories I could be making. I had a slight meltdown today when I finished my last class of the year. I'm three years into college and don't have that much time left. Who knows where I'll be after I graduate? A majority of my best friends are friends from high school so thinking about not seeing them every weekend FREAKS. ME. OUT. I want to spend as much time with them as possible but it's so hard on nights like this where we're all being lame.
Anyone else have this fear of missing out? Please tell me it's not just me!
You're just so much of a social buttefly! No wonder you feel that way :)
ReplyDeleteI usually love nights in. And you're right- TLC marathons make thinks so much better!!
I have the same complex. Haha like, seriously. SEE! GET SKYPE and we can entertain each other because I didnt go out last night either.
ReplyDeleteTrust me, you'll still have plenty of opportunities post-college. You get to play as much as you feel like :) I'm a homebody sometimes ... chat me! :)
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way! I am such a people person that being around others and doing things energizes me and I don't like to miss out on anything or not be busy! But I did discover Friday night TLC tv and I like that too! haha.
ReplyDelete