Georgia Bottoms

So as I've mentioned before, one of my goals for this summer is to get some summer reading accomplished. I'm happy to say that I have officially finished my first book of the summer.

And it was SO GOOD.


Georgia Bottoms is a thirty something woman living in the small town of Six Points, Alabama who is very well known by the men around town (if ya know what I mean). When the preacher decides he should confess their affair, she takes drastic measures to stop him. Her life quickly becomes more complicated and the author, Mark Childress, throws in tons of twists along the way. Other characters include Georgia's mother, "Little Mama" who is dealing with dementia, her ex-convict Brother (who gets himself into some of the most hilarious situations ever), and one surprise character that you meet halfway through the book. I can't tell you about them because that would ruin the ending!

I pretty much never read for fun. Ever. But this book was so great that I couldn't put it down. I picked it up from the library last night and had finished it by noon today! I can't wait to go pick up some of Mark Childress' other books. If you're looking for a fun summer read - definitely consider this!

4 comments:

  1. I'm heading to the beach this weekend so I'm looking for recommendations. Have you read The Help yet? Its fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds amazing, Mandy!! I want to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH I WANT TO READ THIS BOOK! I saw it at Books-A-Million at the beginning of spring semester in January but my mama told me not to buy it just to get the novel I needed for class. BOO! I didn't read all of what you wrote incase it told me some specifics. I hate things being spoiled. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love getting book recommendations - this one sounds pretty interesting! I better put it on my list! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!