Going to the Chapel

I woke up early this morning with my heart beating super fast and drenched in a cold sweat because of a nightmare. I wish I could tell you all some crazy dream about a killer or a house fire or anything that would be considered reasonably scary. But no.

It was about a wedding. My wedding.

And some horrible green velvet dress I was being forced to wear and a missing flower girl. It was pretty much a series of unfortunate events.

Some might think it's strange that I would dream about weddings but I LOVE them. (and it is wedding season, after all!) I'm addicted to wedding shows, especially those on TLC, and I cannot wait to plan my own. 

I have a confession. You know that wedding website theknot.com ? Um, yeah. I have an account so I can look through all of the pretty wedding pictures.....Embarrassing.

 Unfortunately, I'm Catholic so if I was to marry a Catholic boy and we wanted our wedding to be recognized by the Church, we would have to get married inside of one. Now, if I marry a non-Catholic, all bets are off - outdoor wedding here I come!

I would love to have a classy outdoor wedding like any of these:
ps. all photos without a link under them are via The Knot. Of course ;)

Via
Via




Via

Via

So as you can tell I'm still pretty open as to the exact type of outdoor wedding I would want. I love beach weddings, weddings on plantations, tent weddings, etc. When the time comes I'm not so sure I'll be able to chose just one!

I can assure you, though that I will not be wearing a green velvet dress and after that dream I'll be keeping my eye on the flower girl the entire time!

6 comments:

  1. How horrible! Green velvet dress is not ok! I'm leaning toward an ourdoor spring ranch wedding these days, but it changes all the time. Good thing I'm single so I have plenty of time to figure this all out. hahaha I'm not normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SUCH an outdoor wedding girl too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah- I love that you have an account at TheKnot.com!!

    I can totally see you getting married at a plantation or on the beach.

    I actually had a wedding nightmare this week, too!! For some reason, I had to get married in one day so the whole ceremony was just thrown together and none of my friends could make it since it was so short notice, and I had to get married under a tent not only in my backyard, but situated on my back hill.

    During my dream I kept thinking, "If only this was a dream!"

    Um, thank God it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be embarrassed about having an account for The Knot- a friend of mine made an account on the Kelinfelds website at 15!

    I LOVE the 2nd photo and the 7th photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dream is too funny! I love that you have an account at the knot..maybe I should think about that too- I am obsessed with weddings! :P Love the photos you shared too- soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!