America's Craziest Family

Hello fellow bloggers! I hate how MIA I am over the weekends. I've been a busy bee and haven't been able to find time to post! I plan on winding down my weekend with a little tv, a nice bubble bath, and some homework (wooo!).

So I've been lacking recently on meaningful things to write about. I was suffering from a horrible case of writers block until I was sitting in my sociology class on Friday and the topic came to me. Until now, I've tried to stay away from "controversial" topics or anything dealing with politics or religion. We're currently discussing the Westboro Baptist Church. Before this class, I had heard of them and knew roughly what they were about. I never realized just how psycho they were until we started watching videos on them, however. I knew that they would be the perfect topic for my next blog post.

These people are probably the craziest family on the face of the planet. Hands down. Their family makes up most of their congregation and there are only a few non-family members who are involved. The patriarch of the family had 13 children and  Lord only knows how many grandchildren they gave him. (I know one daughter alone had 11 kids). Any who, these are the people you see all over the news protesting military funerals while holding disgustingly rude signs. I won't post any pictures of them because they are offensive but some of them include "God Hates America", "Thank God for 9/11", and "Godfather of pedophiles" (referring to the Pope). Even more of them have anti-gay slurs which I won't include because they are just repulsive. This family is convinced that everyone in the world is wrong except for them, the ones protesting and offending millions. Makes sense, right? God hates America because we don't punish individuals for being homosexual, we worship false idols, yadda, yadda, yadda.

 They even sang their own touching rendition of Santa Clause is Coming To Town, which was renamed Santa Clause will  bring you to hell. Pretty catchy. I think the best part was when they had the four year old boy sing a verse all by his own at the end. Teaching brainwashing them young. Perfect.

No matter your political or religious views, I think you can agree they are a little (aka a lot) outrageous. For this "Church" to have the audacity to protest the funeral of a soldier who fought and died so that they could have their freedom of speech is disgusting. If you hate America and the people in it so much- leave! They offend millions of people daily, hate EVERYONE (Jews, Catholics, homosexuals, Protestants, Americans, anyone who breathes....), and have nothing better to do with their lives than protest funerals and events. It's times like this when I thank God that there are not more people like this living in our country. Also, please note that although they are known as the Westboro Baptist Church, they have no affiliation with Baptist Churches. Mainstream Baptists openly reject the WBC.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone with this post, but I personally think that one of the best ways to fight people like this is by making others aware of what exactly they do. On a lighter note, check out the link connected to "yadda, yadda, yadda". Seinfeld = classic television.

Have a relaxing Sunday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. These people, I hate to even call them people, sound absolutely terrifying. Hating everyone in this world is not a way to live at all... yuck! So sad that they are brainwashing their young to believe their nonsense too. :(

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!