Where Do They Find These People?!

Excuse me while I vent for a little in this post. I just cannot believe that people like this exist. I'm currently watching a show on Bravo called Pregnant in Heels. I decided to tune in because I have been seeing previews of it and I usually enjoy Bravo shows. This however is ridiculous. The concept of the show isn't too off the wall considering what is all on TV these days, but the people on here should not be allowed to procreate. Granted, I'm in the middle of the episode now and I've only seen two couples so far, but the first woman they interviewed pissed me off to say the least.
The Pregnancy Guru and her  assistants. Note: these are NOT the people I'm about to rant about :)
The woman (Sarah) claimed that she and her husband originally viewed the baby as a “life force sucking parasite”. WHAT. Are you kidding me? She is that caught up in her career and herself that she views her child as a parasite that will ruin their "fabulous, posh" lifestyle. I just don't see how anyone could view a child like that. I understand that in other circumstances (she's a teen mom, single mom, financially unstable, etc) one could be less than happy when initially hearing that they are pregnant. However, this woman has a husband, a nice apartment, more money than I'll probably ever dream of having, and they did not make it sound like they were trying to avoid pregnancy in any way. They used no methods of birth control, got pregnant, and now she detests her child for no reason. She said that she hadn't bonded with her child at all, never talks to her belly, and he was just "in there". She and her husband also noted that the child "isn't the center of the world but it just along for the ride".


I feel like this is just such a horrible way to feel when bringing a child into the world. I feel bad for this kid and it hasn't even been born! There are so many people in the world who cannot have children and who would love to bring a child into the world naturally. Rosie, the pregnancy guru that the show focuses on has actually had to undergo fertility treatments herself. I'm not sure how she can sit around calmly while Sarah says this. People spend thousands of dollars on fertility treatments and adoptions and for these people to go on television and say ridiculous things like that really makes me angry.


 I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome last August which is a "disease" (for lack of a better word) that causes cysts to form on my ovaries. This causes irregular periods, weight gain, insulin resistance, and trouble getting pregnant. Having a child is not completely out of the question, especially now since I'm on birth control and a medicine to control my insulin levels. There are more and more medicines on the market now that makes it easier for people to conceive so I'm not too worried about having children in the future. However, there are women out there who have no chance of conceiving ever. I'm really hoping they aren't watching this show right now because they're probably throwing their heels through the TV screen.


Note: The show's almost over now and the other woman featured on this episode is not as psycho as Sarah. It's actually a decent (in terms of reality tv) show when you take out this woman who is the anti-mom. Also, don't get me wrong, I usually L.O.V.E pregnancy shows. I just had to share my thoughts on how ridiculous this woman sounded.
Whew. That was longer than expected.

3 comments:

  1. I watched this show as well but I am not a fan! These women are crazy and some of them have such a negative attitude regarding children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sad! I feel like a lot of reality TV is like this, we're all wondering where did these people come from?!! haha.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!