They wanted us to start off by explaining a little about ourselves and why we want to lose weight soooo here we go! As stated in a previous post, I have PCOS and insulin resistance so losing weight is especially hard. Gaining it, however, is not. That's my problem. Once I hit college I gained a ton of weight in a short amount of time. I was so confused because I wasn't eating more than anyone I knew. I also wasn't drinking as many calories (aka alcohol) because I lived at home so partying every night wasn't really an option. I went through this period where I tried so hard to lose weight but just couldn't. That changed when last August I went to my gyno and explained my symptoms and told her I think I have PCOS (yes, I am addicted to WebMd and diagnose myself. Don't laugh). Long story short they ran blood tests, confirmed the diagnosis (so proud of myself for getting this one right. I'm basically a doctor....), and gave me medicine for my insulin resistance. Since then, I've been trying to cut down on my carbs and sugar and take the medicine daily. I've lost 30 pounds since August, but I still have a bit to go! So that's where this comes in!
I'm so excited to link up with other bloggers and see everyones progress. Plus with this wonderful weather I can officially work out OUTSIDE!

Thanks for linking up with us! 30 pounds already is awesome! Go girl! :)
ReplyDeleteWoohoooo! At least you were able to diagnose and it was a medical problem! You can do the last pounds you want now!! We're with you!!
ReplyDeleteThis challenge is awesome! Way to go for the self-diagnosis and congrats on losing the 30lbs- you go girl! I'm trying to get in better shape too, and this is really inspiring! :)
ReplyDeleteYayy Mandy!!! This is such a cool idea, and you are already doing AWESOME with 30 pounds down!! Seriously- that is so exciting!
ReplyDeleteGood job! I need to get myself active again! New follower by the way! I read that you love all things south, country music, and good ol' Crimson Tide, and I knew we needed to be friends :)
ReplyDeleteoh I should totally do this. I NEED to lose some lbs for bikini season! and I laughed when I saw you were obsessed with Webmd, so am I! I always think I have some sort of ailment that is going to kill me :) Good luck!! Excited to see your progress :)
ReplyDeleteif you don't mind my asking what meds did they give you? I am also in this problem i have PCOS as well, i'm on metformin, but i rarely take it because it makes me ill.
ReplyDelete