WILW and Classy, Not Trashy


As always, I linked up with Jamie for What I'm Loving Wednesday!

I'm going to keep today's short and sweet because I have another topic to discuss below. sooooo...

I'm loving that our Greek Community raised $53,000 for the Make A Wish foundation through Greek Week 2011!
I'm loving that my sorority was named Premier Gold Chapter of the Year at the Greek Excellence Awards. Basically they named us the top sorority on campus based on GPA, involvement in other organizations, community service, etc. We won this award 2 years ago as well so it feels great to be back on top!
I'M LOVING THAT I SURVIVED THE STORM LAST NIGHT. Maybe this should have been the first thing I listed, seeing as how I'm most grateful for my life this afternoon. I know that neighborhoods all around us were effected by the storm (flooding, loss of power, and even tornados in Indiana I believe)  but we didn't have any problems! Good thing my maternal instinct kicked in and my roommate and I woke the others up  to have a pow-wow in the living room watching the news for nothing! Whoops, sorry guys. 

That's pretty much all that I'm loving today! Moving on to something I'm not loving: unclassy people. I understand that no one is classy at all times, however there are some people who I literally cannot stand because they make no attempt. I'm not talking celebs here (if I was, Lindsay Lohan would totally be the focus of this post). I'm talking real-life people who feel the need to friend me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter so I'm forced to see their obnoxious behavior on my newsfeed. I know that I don't have to accept them as a friend or follower (or follow them back) but sometimes I honestly get humor out of it.

These are the kinds of people I'm referring to:

The people who take pictures in the mirror without their shirt on. I DONT WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE SHIRTLESS. Even if you have a "good body" you are obviously attention hungry and unbelievable cocky. How about you keep your shirt on. If I really want to know what's under there, I'll find out. You're not The Situation. You're in your mom's bathroom with horrible lighting. Spare us all, please.

Girls who dress like high class hookers. There is no need for you to show both cleavage and leg at the same time. Usually the rule is one or the other, but not too much of either.  Some of us (like myself) cannot necessarily help how much cleavage we show since God blessed us in that area. However, you still have to try your best to not let it all hang out. Second, I L.O.V.E high heels, but when they look like you should be on stage when you wear them, it's probably not a good look. *I really wish I could show you pictures of exactly who I'm referring to. You all would die, although I'm sure you can picture the types of girls I'm talking about*

Lastly, these people are my favorite. While I can't put pictures of them up, I can post their tweets to prove how ridiculous they are. These people are "club promoters" who take over the Cincinnati social networking scene. I cannot tell you how many invites I get to their events and how many tweets I see on a nightly basis regarding the club. First of all, how in the world can they go out every night? I go out during the week every once in a while, but don't they have homework? And how doesn't their liver hurt after drinking all week? Any who, let me introduce you to their tweets:

"And it's my homie @--- birthday so bottles will be poppin' "
"(Name of club) is about to go in so hard tonight. #thatisall"
"So many people on campus todayy. (Campus) is out here grindin' for spring quarter."

Who do these people think they are?
Apparently they think that they're a cast member on Jersey Shore.
I have never been "out here grindin'" for class. I don't even know what that means. How does an entire club go "in so hard"? Especially in Cincinnati. We're not in New York or Miami. So many unanswered questions and things I could say about this.

Like I said, these people (as annoying as they are) provide me with a lot of entertainment now and then. Sometimes I like to look at their pictures and thank God that I have a little more class than the girls they've got in VIP with them "gettin it in". 

You stay classy, blogging world :)


4 comments:

  1. Oh, those club invites are the best!!! And yes. I've never been out grindin' on my way to class.

    Disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. Lord, amen to all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes me laugh.

    The comment about the leg and the cleavage is SO true - one or the other, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post Mandy! haha..I lol'd reading it. You said it well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!