Okay ladies, help me out here. I'm so confused as what to do.
Recently one of my good friends got a boyfriend (probably 4 or 5 months ago) and she has suddenly changed so much. She never does anything without him which is sooo annoying. I know that they want to spend time together but you are two separate people. You have two separate lives. You do not need to be with each other every waking moment. I haven't gone out with this friend for the past 6 months or so. She is always going out with the boyfriend and his friends on weekends. She even made a comment about him coming to Panama with us. There are 7 girls going and no guys but she said something along the lines of "wouldn't it be funny if he came down and slept in his car for a few days?" NO that wouldn't be funny. It would be annoying and weird. Also, there's no way he's really going to stay in the car so he would be in our room, kicking another girl out of her bed and taking up space that he didn't pay for. I made sure to tell her that it would not be a good idea if he came down. I was pretty nice about it, but made sure that she knew this was a girls trip and it would be weird for him and all of us if he showed up.
Don't get me wrong, I really like her boyfriend. He's a nice guy and all. I am just so frustrated because every other friend that I have does a great job of balancing friends and boyfriends but she doesn't. I try to make it as obvious as possible with comments and things that she doesn't come out with us or that we haven't done anything together in forever but she either never picks up on it or doesn't care. I just have no idea what to do and I'm honestly losing patience. Sooner or later I'm going to stop putting any effort into our friendship because I feel like she doesn't put any in! Any suggestions/words of wisdom?!
I actually have a friend that's pretty much the same way. It's like us girls and then there he is. So much for a girl night? Ha. But we hang out with his fraternity so we kind of suck it up but it is annoying when you want a girl night and here he comes tagging along. I mean we still include her and I don't want to tell you to quit inviting her to stuff because we do still include our friend but you just have to look past it honestly. If thats what they are comfortable with you cant ask them to be any different. :)
ReplyDelete