A Run in with the Law and Some Sunshine.

Today started out horribly. I went out to my Senny (aka my Nissan Sentra) to find a parking ticket on the windshield. UGH. I was parked in an area where you weren't supposed to park after a certain hour. The ticket was written at like 9:30am so my car had been in the zone for like 2 hours over the time. I understand that I should have moved it and I understand that the cops are just doing their jobs but COME ON. The neighborhood my apartment/school is in is not a good neighborhood. The cops have more important things to spend their time doing! There are murderers and thieves on the loose people! I shouldn't have to pay $50 for accidentally parking somewhere I shouldn't have. Yes, fifty. My car wasn't hurting anyone and I would have moved it eventually. I think if I have to pay anything it shouldn't be fifty dollars! Maybe more like $25. This post is nothing against cops. I have cousins who are police officers and they are great and go out every day and put their lives on the line for our safety. I just think that sometimes there are more important things than my poor little car (and other people's cars) that may be parked at an expired meter or something. Maybe if I wasn't a broke college student (who can't ask her mom for money because I don't want her to find out) I wouldn't have such a problem with my ticket. Okay. Done with my ranting.


Please ignore my hair. And the fact that I'm on the ground. Don't ask, because even I don't know why.



The day got better because the sun started shining! After a quick trip to the mall to return a few things, I hung out around the house (with a few windows open) listening to some Kellie Pickler before work (Gotta love having no exams today!) 


I am so thankful for the time change because when I left work for the night the sun was STILL out. It is so crazy how the sun can improve my mood so much. This is why I need to move to the South. I feel like it's warmer, sunnier, and just plain better down there. Then I started daydreaming of my future life in Charleston (or Savannah, or any southern city for that matter). I need to be around people who are constantly friendly, enjoy country music, cold beer, football, and family. 


This is where I need to clarify. Honestly, the West Side of Cincinnati is a lot like what I picture the South to be. There are so many people here who enjoy all of those things. People here are honestly good, we just happen to be stuck in a city that has gross winters. So when I talk about leaving, it's not because of the people. It's because I want to be in a warm location where I see the sun even in January! 


I want to be on that boat or on one of those chairs right about now. Either way works for me.

Okay enough of my daydreaming. Back to studying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!