Dreaming of Spring

Today in Cincinnati it's gross and rainy which made walking to class extra horrible. However, I love when it rains now because I get to bust out my houndstooth rain boots and matching umbrella! I probably looked ridiculous to some people but I don't even care. I wish I had worn my Alabama hat to complete the outfit but I was having a decent hair day so the hat was not needed :)


So as I was slipping on my favorite rain boots today, I started thinking about how much I need a shopping trip. I have no spring clothing and spring is quickly approaching! I need to get my finances in order and splurge a little because right now my closet is full of black, white, and grey (blahh)

These are just a few of the things I'm going to need within the next couple of weeks. A lot of these things I already have, but I either need to get more or find them so appropriate for spring that I had to share them anyway:

-A new pair of Sperrys (mine from last year are soo dirty because I wear them 24/7. Old, dirty Sperrys may be hot on fratstars but not on girls sooo a new pair is definitely necessary)
- Spring dresses. I'll be hitting up everywhere from Forever21 to Lilly to get my spring dresses and skirts.  There's nothing better than a bright floral pattern to match the lovely weather!

- Running shorts. Let's be honest, they'll probably be Norts, but I just need running shorts in general. ( Even though I don't run. Maybe I should get on that whole marathon thing I mentioned before....)

-Polo V-Necks! I love, love, love these things :) Perfect for wearing to class!


-This JCrew dress. I'm usually not a fan of horizontal stripes (I'm trying to look as skinny as possible here) but I love this dress. It's so nautical and makes me want to be on a sailboat with a drink in hand.




- And if you couldn't tell I had an obsession with Marley Lilly from previous posts.........
Pretty much everything from the Marley Lilly store. Like this adorable ring. I know, I know, it's not clothing. But it's a total must have!


Lastly, I really want some riding boots too! Didn't want to post another picture. I figured I had been on picture overload for this post as is ;)

I'm also thinking of putting some blonde highlights back into my hair. I feel like spring is a good time to make my color a little lighter in preparation for summer. Ahh I can't wait for a bright new wardrobe and spring weather :) Spring quarter, please hurry!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute post! I am so looking forward to spring and bright colors - the sun isn't even shining today! :( I just wrote about getting Sperry's the other day too - I am so excited! And I can't wait to wear dresses, the nautical one is so cute - I will join you on the sailboat! hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!