Well, That Was a Bust

Okay so to break up the week from hell (aka exam week) I decided I would finally go out with this guy I met at a bar a month or so ago. He's been asking to hang out for awhile and finally I gave in. I remembered him being cute and he's older (26 I think?) and has an awesome job. Basically I was super excited because this guy sounded pretty much perfect. He was really nice when I first met him and he's been texting me on and off and was always such a gentleman. So anywho tonight we went to dinner and it was an experience to say the least. He was still really nice and good looking but so not my type. I need a sporty "man's man" and he wasn't. At all. I tried bringing up sports several times (my trip to the Sugarbowl, March Madness, anything a normal guy would be thrilled that I was interested in) and he just didn't take the bate. He was obviously not interested in sports at all. Strike number one.

Honestly, there was really no strike number two or three. It was just strike one and your out. Of course we talked about other things. Like school, the only thing we had in common. We both went/go to college. hahahahaha That's it. We discussed my classes. It was almost like I  was having dinner with an academic advisor. 

After I realized this wasn't going anywhere (like in the first 10 minutes) I just did all of the things that you're not supposed to do while on a date. Whoops. Sorry. I had to do anything to remind him that I'm still a young 20 year old girl and make sure he wasn't interested (to avoid future awkwardness). I talked about fake IDs, Panama, and most of all my guy friends and how much I love them. And then I got to thinking, I really do love them. (Note: not actual love, like friend love. Love them as people, ya know?) I need a guy who is like them. Sporty, laid back, will sit on the couch in sweatpants and watch TV with me, who can sing along to a Kenny Chesney song and then change the station and know the words to a rap song, someone I have mutual friends with, someone who is pretty much the male version of me. I need someone who is my best friend.

The guy was pretty cool, so I wish him the best. But I can guarantee that I won't be going out with him again. Or probably with any guys that much older than me ever again. 

So this date taught me a lot about myself. I always thought I knew what I wanted, but after going on a date with a complete stranger, now I know for sure. It wasn't a completely horrible experience, and I ended up getting some free dinner, but I'm kind of disappointed. I'm disappointed that it wasn't what I imagined it being, that he wasn't who I remembered him being, and that right now when I KNOW what I want I just can't seem to FIND it.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes when you have such high expecations, you do tend to get disappointed in the end sadly. I hate how/when that happens. I have some guy friends that are older than me (mid-late 20s) that are great as friends but we are two different pages in life. Being in college and attempting to date a guy that is in the real world and is a "big boy" is a wee bit difficult. THey "remember" doing those things and I'm still doing them and attempting to "remember" them. hahaha I have to have a guy that likes sports too and sadly, he has to be a Republican (remember, I'm from the South.. this isa big deal). Hahaaha & I used to think I knew what I wanted but now that I've gotten a little older, Ive realized that I still really don't know for sure what I want I just hope to baby Jesus I realize it when it's in front of me! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha oh girl my dream man has to be Republican too! and I totally agree. 6 years isn't that big of an age gap but at this point in my life it is. We're at two different points in our life. If I was like 30 and he was 36 it wouldn't be that big of a deal. As for now, though, no more "big boys" haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry the date didn't end up the way you wanted, but more power to you for it making you think about what you really want in a guy!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!