Feeling a Little Bit Frazzled

Today was the first day of spring quarter and of course, in typical Mandy fashion, I was running late. I'll blame it on the fact that when I'm half asleep I can't tell the difference between "snooze" and "dismiss" on my alarm, but in reality I should have gone to bed earlier and I wouldn't have been so tired. 
I was rushing around the house trying to put myself together when I realized that I was not prepared for the day at all. I walked out the door with no paper, no writing utensils, and no lunch. Normally I wouldn't pack a lunch, I would just head back to my apartment in between classes. However on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I have 4 classes back to back and then I have to head to work leaving no time for a lunch. (Ps. Any tips on healthy lunches that are easy to carry around in my school tote and don't require a microwave?) My hair was wavy yet had no volume (only my hair could manage this) and looked horrible in the ponytail. I started to walk to class in a shirt that said "Spring Break 2011. Panama City Beach" until I thought "What the heck am I doing? This will make a horrible impression" so I ran back inside and changed into a sorority shirt. I wore flip flops when it was freezing outside. What little makeup I had on was awful.
Blah.
So after today I've decided that I need to be more organized and prepared. I need to be on top of things. I need to start planning ahead and being organized. Most of the time I feel that I'm just running around in a daze. I go through the motions but I'm not really in the moment. Sometimes this is because I'm tired and sometimes it's because my mind is in 50 different places at once. From now on, I'm going to focus on the task at hand and take one thing at a time.
Also, I need to get more sleep! My body can't run on 5 hours of sleep like it used to be able to. These days I feel like I need 9! I thought we were supposed to need less sleep as we got older?
Lets just hope tomorrow goes better than today. I'm  setting my phone across the room so I have to get up to turn off the alarm, and hitting the sheets early! Goodnight all :)

2 comments:

  1. Hahah- this made me laugh out loud. Spring Break 2011 shirt? Perfect first day of the quarter attire.

    And 100 calorie snack packs, salads, laughing cow & wheat thins, fruit, and vegetables are all healthy things I like to pack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I say YES!! i am 38 and gosh, I use to go on like 4 hrs LOL and NOW I need like 7... but if the sun is up, so am I :) Since the time change, I am all outta wack!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you. Your comments make my day!